Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the most frequently asked questions are listed below. Should you have any questions not answered below, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Due to current government restrictions in Victoria there may be a delay of up to 6 weeks before your item is shipped.
- We are unable to offer the option to collect your item from stores in Victoria at this time as stores remain closed due to current government restrictions in Victoria. All items will the shipped to the winning bidder.
- due to the current pandemic, Australia Post is unable to ship to certain countries. To review this list, please click here: https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-international-updates#international
- I am new to the Hawthorn Football Club Auctions: where do I start?
Everyone is invited to browse or search through our auction categories and listings for items. If you see something you would like to bid for you must register first. Registration is free and easy.
- May I browse listings without registering?
You may browse as much as you like without registering.
- How do I register?
It takes just a few minutes to register. To complete the registration process, you will need to provide information such as your user name, full name, address and email address. Register Now.
- What does it cost to register?
Registration is free and easy. Once you provide payment details you may see a small amount authorised against your credit card by SportsTG. This is part of the pre-authorisation of your credit card in order to bid, and will be removed from your card after a period of time - please allow ten days. There are no monthly membership fees, and there is no obligation to maintain your Registered User status. Once you have submitted your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message from Hawthorn Football Club Auctions and you will then have instant access to bid on and purchase products.Register Now.
- Do I have to buy anything after I register?
No. Registered Users are not obliged to bid on or purchase anything listed at the Hawthorn Football Club Auctions website. Register Now.
- Do I have to enter my credit card information when I register?
The registration process does not require you to enter credit card information. You will, however, need to provide a valid credit card in order to start bidding. Your credit card information is required only for the first time you place a bid on the auction. Additional bids will not require credit card verification; however, please be sure all information is up to date to ensure that your winning bid can be processed without delay. Register Now.
- How do I bid?
Registered Users are eligible to place bids on items by clicking the “Bid Now” button displayed at the individual item listing. Follow the prompts and read any instructions from that point to successfully submit a bid.
- Is there a charge to place bids?
No. As a Registered User, browsing and bidding for products are free.
- Can I submit a bid offline?
No. Unfortunately bidding can only be submitted by Registered Users via the website.
- Where can I monitor my bidding activity?
Registered Users can monitor all their bidding activity from within the "Bid Status" section.
- How will I know if my bid is no longer winning?
An automated email will be sent to the Registered User when his/her bid is no longer winning. However, there can be unpredictable delays in email transmissions so it is highly recommend that you regularly visit Hawthorn Football Club Auctions to check your current bid status.
- How will I know if I win?
Registered Users will be notified by email if they are deemed the successful bidder, although you are responsible for determining if you have won by visiting the site and checking the status of your bid in My account. The email will contain instructions on next steps.
- What is a Reserve Price Auction?
In a Reserve Price Auction, the seller has the option of setting a reserve price, which is a price higher than the opening value. A reserve price allows the seller to initiate bidder interest and determine the fair market value of an item. If the seller has set a reserve price you will see either a 'Reserve price NOT met' or 'Reserve price met' message on the listing page depending on whether the current bid is below, or at or above, this price.
- What is Overtime Bidding?
Please note that all auctions on this site utilise overtime bidding.This means if a successful bid is placed within 5 minutes of the scheduled closing time of an auction, then the auction will go into overtime. Auction overtime results in the closing time for the auction being reset to 5 minutes from the time the bid was recorded.An auction will continue to be extended until there are no further bids for a continuous 5 minute period.
- How can I place a watch on an item?
You can place a watch on an item from its page. These auctions appear in the Watch List page within your Account.
- What is a Buyer's Premium?
A Buyer's Premium is an amount added to a listed auction item. The Buyer's Premium is a percentage that will be charged on the winning bid price. Payment of the Buyer's Premium will be added as part of the total purchase cost and is to be paid by the winning bidder.
All auction items offered by the website are subject to a buyer's premium. The buyer's premium is an additional fee traditionally charged by auction houses on the sale of goods. It is added to the winning bid price and is payable by the buyer as part of the total sale price.
Most traditional auction houses charge a buyer's premium of between 10 and 20 percent of the sales price to cover their costs for services that are essential for successful auctioning of unique items. It is by virtue of this buyer's premium that the website is able to list online, high quality items that would otherwise only be offered at live auctions.
All online auction bid prices on the website are shown exclusive of the buyer's premium. The buyer's premium is shown separately and will be added to your bid price. This then becomes the total amount that you will be required to pay should you win the auction.
- Why does it appear that I am having to place multiple bids in order for my bid to be accepted?
This is because a bidder has placed a “Maximum Bid Amount” or “Proxy Bid”, which is the highest price they are willing to bid in order to win the auction. The maximum bid is kept confidential until the amount is exceeded by another bidder. The automatic bidding system will bid on their behalf at the bid increment amount above the current high bid. You can place a proxy bid of your own in order to try to outbid the current proxy bid, or you may choose to continue bidding in the increments indicated until your bid is accepted.
- Can I increase my Maximum/Proxy Bid after I've placed a bid?
Yes. If your maximum bid amount has been outbid, you can return to the listing and proceed to bid a higher amount by the increment or enter another maximum bid.
- I appear to have been overbid by an amount smaller than the bid increment. How has this occurred?
The other bidder had placed a proxy bid. In some cases, it's possible that another bidder's standing maximum bid is greater than yours, but by less than the bid increment. This is because at the time the maximum bid was placed, it was in an amount greater than the required increment. In this case, the other bidder will be winning at exactly their maximum bid.
- Can I retract a confirmed bid?
Yes - Confirmed bids by Registered Users can only be retracted under the following special circumstances should you choose to submit a formal request.
- A typographical error is made when placing a bid and Bidder has submitted a formal bid retraction request immediately upon placing the bid.
- A product listing’s original information was amended causing a change in the Bidder’s understanding of the listing for which the bid was placed.
- The bid retraction request is submitted more than 24 hours before the auction closes.
- How do I find out if an auction has ended?
You can locate an auction in which you have participated from within the “Bid Status” section of your account, or by entering the listing number, if known, in the search box.
- I’ve just won an auction - what are the next steps?
Upon winning an item in Hawthorn Football Club Auctions, you will be sent a notification email confirming you are the winner.
Payment will processed to your registered card. The final payment amount will be based on the winning bid amount, plus the buyers premium, plus shipping (based on size, weight and location) and applicable taxes (based on delivery address).
- Credit Card Protection
As all monetary transactions are receipted by Stack Sports. You need not disclose your credit card information to anyone else. Should any seller try to obtain your credit card details or seek any other form of payment direct from you, please contact Stacksports immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
All online payments are covered by SSL certification.
- Can I pay through Paypal?
No - we do not offer the facility to pay via Paypal.
- When will my item ship?
Items will be shipped as soon as possible upon successful checkout.
- Can items be shipped internationally?
Yes. Delivery charges will vary however depending on the shipping address.
- Am I able to collect my winning item(s)?
Please contact us by calling 03 9535 3011 or email email@example.com
- What happens if my item is damaged during shipping?
Upon receiving your item, please inspect it immediately to ensure there have not been any damages during transit. If so, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’ve received an incorrect or damaged/faulty item - What should I do?
Please refer to the Return Policy
- Non-payment of Sales
If a buyer fails to pay for an item within 48 hours they receive automatic reminder emails. If by the end of 7 days, they have still not paid for the item, the seller has the opportunity to cancel the auction without further notice to the buyer.